SINGLE PROCESS COLOR + SHAMPOO-CUT-STYLE
Step By Step
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can do-it-yourself, at home, if you’re okay with the outcomes achieved from D-I-Y hair color products. However, if you prefer more shiny and vibrant hair, get it done by our professionals – to benefit from their palette of salon professional color products. We make it gentle on your hair (and wallet).
Double process, an all-over treatment, is more complex. We recommend it if you want to lighten or darken your hair by more than 2 levels. It’s called double process because it’s a two-step process – for both more subtle natural-look hair color shifts, and for more extreme hair color transformations.
Absolutely! Everyone has one of the six different face shapes. And there are specific “best” and “avoid” haircuts and hairstyles for each shape.
Measure your face. Use a flexible tape measure. Horizontally: from ear-to-ear. Vertically: from forehead hairline to under your jawline to your neck.
- Horizontally: measure across your forehead at the widest point from ear-to-ear.
- Horizontally: measure the widest length across your cheekbones from ear-to-ear.
- Horizontally: measure your jawline at its widest point from ear-to-ear
- Horizontally: measure across your eyes from ear-to-ear
- Vertically: measure from your forehead down under your jawline to your neck.
- Heart-shape (or “inverted triangle”) faces are wider at the forehead and gently narrow to the jawline.
- Square faces are people with equal measurements across the width of their foreheads, cheekbones, and jawline. Typically, their cross ratio is 1:1 or 1:1-½.
- Round faces are also people with equal measurements across the width of their foreheads and jawline, but have rounded jawlines (as opposed to more angular jawline typical of square faces). A round face cross ratio usually is 1:1.
- Diamond faces are people whose widest horizontal measurement is across their cheekbones, and forehead and jawline measurements that are the same.
- Oblong (or “long”) faces are longer than they are wider, with a cross-ratio of 1:1-½
- Oval faces have lengths that are 1-½ times the width of their faces.
- Best: side-swept bangs, brow-grazing fringe, short hair, long hair with long layers.
- Avoid: short blunt-cut bangs and harsh choppy layers.
- Best: curls and shags, short haircuts, long layers, bobs, side-swept bangs.
- Avoid: one-length bobs (especially chin length), wide blunt bangs.
- Best: bobs, gentle layers, wispy and tapered ends, long bangs.
- Avoid: one-length blunt cuts (classic bob), curly short hair, pixie crops, edgy short styles.
- Best: same as square.
- Avoid: same as square.
- Best: bangs (brow-skimming side-swept bangs, blunt bangs), bobs (any length), curls and waves
- Avoid: long hair (especially longer than collarbone), skull-capping pixie crops.
- Best: almost any look (short, long, straight, wavy, even edgier cuts), angular bobs (if you have great bones), blunt or side-swept (if you have great eyes), long waves.
- Avoid: short layers, and blunt cuts (if thick or curly natural hair type)
Absolutely! Here are some examples:
- Heart-shaped: Katie Holmes, Jennifer Lopez, Rachel Bilson, Reese Witherspoon, Ziyo Zhang.
- Square: Gwyneth Paltrow, Demi Moore, Angelina Jolie, Isabella Rossellini, Rosario Dawson.
- Round: Fergie, Kate Bosworth, Oprah Winfrey, Cameron Diaz, Kirsten Dunst, Michelle Williams, Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- Diamond: follow square-face celebs.
- Oblong: Sarah Jessica Parker, Ashlee Simpson, Liv Tyler, Giselle Bundchen.
- Oval: Kate Hudson, Jessica Alba, Jada Pinkett-Smith
Single-process color is $60. Shampoo-cut-style depends on the length of your hair (short, medium, long), type of hair (curly, wavy, straight), hair texture (fine, medium, thick), and desired results. Our prices range from $65 – $85.
Typically, most of our clients find that they need to have their color retouched every 6 – 8 weeks. Since hair tends to grow an average of ½-inch per month, at the end of eight weeks most people will have an average area of 1 inch at the scalp where the natural color is present before the previously colored hair appears. So, we recommend haircuts and hair styles every 4 – 6 weeks.